5 Reasons to love this series of bake off
We've had only one episode of the Great British Bake Off this year so far and already the nation is gripped. From the very start of the theme tune to those end credits everyone is gripped by what goes on. It seems much like other years it's not just about what goes on in the show but the whole excitement and scandal that goes on around it too.
Its early days still but here are my five reasons for loving this series so far.
1. Bookies are already halting bets on the show's winner amongst rumours that the name of the winner has been leaked. Whoops, someone’s in trouble.
2. Flora's face when she realised the oven hadn't been turned on was a treat, more so when she proclaimed “we have an Aga at home" so many Aga lovers will have cheered at this point.
3. Poor Dorret's Black forest gateau when it fell apart, I'm sure the whole nations hearts were in their throats and we were all there feeling her pain with her. It's not like we haven't all been there with a few disasters of our own.
4. Marie has been all over the tabloids with them calling her the professional in the show and asking if it's fair. Let's face it baking is something that evolves year after year and as soon as you think you know it all there's a whole heap of new things to learn. I'm sure Marie will have a head start on some, if the story is true, but I doubt she will know everything either. Many articles are calling others semi-professionals because they have a twitter or instagram account with around 1000 followers. I'm not sure followers make you an expert, sharing a photo of something doesn't mean it tastes nice or hasn't been altered before showing either. As they say the proof of the pudding is in the taste so let's let Mary and Paul decide.
5. Mary Berry's beautifully posh accent and her pronunciation of Layers makes my week with each episode. Mary can make even the most common of cakes sound posh with her beautifully eloquent voice and with my Wiltshire accent, I'm never going to be able to do the same.
Whether you are a diehard fan of the show or are watching it for the first time you are sure to find something you love about it.
As for who will win this year? My money is on it being a baker!
sorry guys, no guesses from me just yet.